Tuesday, April 24, 2012

cake batter puppy chow.

This weekend I was up to some major baking, like, staying up all night baking. I made some cookies, cake pops, and last but not least, from the title of the post, cake batter puppy chow. It's super easy to make and extremely delicious. Here's the recipe- sorry, no pictures.. my family ate this stuff up before I had the chance to take any!

Cake Batter Puppy Chow
adapted from six sisters' stuff's recipe

  • a box of rice Chex
  • a box of Funfetti cake mix (or any kind you'd like)
  • a  20 oz. package of vanilla almond bark
  • about two teaspoons of shortening
  • a cup powdered sugar
You need a double boiler and a pan of boiling water. Go get one. Got it? Good. Let's get started.

Melt half the almond bark and half the Crisco at a time, depending on the size of the pan and boiler.
Once it's all melted, mix the Chex and melted bark mixture in a large bowl.
Add the powdered sugar and cake mix.
Now you're done. It's seriously that easy. 

It's easy to give as a gift, too. (yes, that's what I did with some of it) Just fill up a mason jar and tie a ribbon around the lid. It looks adorable. I'm not sure how many people tried this, but a lot of them came up to me and told me how good it was. So, go ahead and try it.. just let me know how it goes (:
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment